Hello all

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Oggie62
Newbie Member

Hello all

Post by Oggie62 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:20 pm

Hello all from Malta (in case you never heard of it,it's an island in the middle of the Mediterranean) . I am completely new to CAD software and I took the plunge due to necessity. I need to get a bracket made - nothing special or needing high precision and a freehand sketch would be enough but I can't draw a quick sketch. 19 years ago I had a massive stroke that caused a condition called Locked in Syndrome. That left me completely paralyzed and mute. The only movement I have is my head and I use it to use my computer. For QCAD I have to use very often the Command Line as using the Dwell Clicker (like I do) is impossible. I joined the forum because forums are always full of tricks & tips.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Hello all

Post by andrew » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:45 pm

Hello and welcome to the QCAD forum! Many thanks for your introduction - I can hardly imagine what an effort it must be to work under these conditions. You have my utmost respect. Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Oggie62
Newbie Member

Post by Oggie62 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:29 pm

Hi Andrew,
Yes, it is an effort but I don't have time-restrictions (I live in a nursing home) - I can stay on my laptop almost all day....in fact it keeps me busy (and sane). What takes me an hour to do would probably take a "normal" person maybe 10 minutes. Everything is slow and laborious but at least it's possible.

Regards
Manuel

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:43 pm

Hello Manuel - welcome to the QCAD Forum. When ever you need help we'll be happy to assist you!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”