Line Type

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

andrewjprice
Registered Member

Line Type

Post by andrewjprice » Thu May 30, 2019 3:51 am

Hi There. I am having some issues changing line type on my machine. My colleague and I have both independently purchased QCAD professional. However, in projects that he creates, where an additional layer is added to create dashed lines (linetype in properties selected as iso dash), these dashed lines appear once digitised. For projects that i create, with the same parameters, i.e a second layer with the Linetype: iso dash, the lines populate as fixed rather than dashed, even when the individual layer is selected and line type changed. These projects, once opened on their machine cannot be changed to dash either. I've attached an example dxf for reference. Please let me know if anyone can draw dashed lines within this project. Thanks
Attachments
Master Tairua.dxf
(235.03 KiB) Downloaded 390 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Line Type

Post by Husky » Thu May 30, 2019 5:52 am

Hi,

if this issue only appears on a monitor and not on a paper print then I would recommend to compare the setting for "Screen=Based Linetypes" (below Menu/View).

Mine is ON ... :wink:

Husky-2019.05.29-01.png
Husky-2019.05.29-01.png (81.94 KiB) Viewed 4208 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrewjprice
Registered Member

Re: Line Type

Post by andrewjprice » Fri May 31, 2019 12:49 am

Thanks Husky! That's been a great help, what a relief :D

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”