R24 DWG Random Text Rotated/Skewed in QCAD(SOLVED)

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Eugor

R24 DWG Random Text Rotated/Skewed in QCAD(SOLVED)

Post by Eugor » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:44 am

Windows 10 64 Bit
QCAD 3.22.0 Trial version
R24 DWG
The attached file was created in Autocad. When I open it in QCAD, there are random areas of text that show rotated 90 degrees from how they are shown when opened in autocad. Text items "WILL CALL, RGA, DIV 10 STOCK & PARTS " as well as many of the elevation view designations in particular. This specific file is of little real importance, it is more of a test for me to see what happens back and forth between Autocad 2010 LT and QCAD. And to see if there is any specific way I need to handle working between the two platforms with drawing files.
1.) What would cause this variation ?
2.) Is there a way to fix it within QCAD short of editing each skewed text item ?
3.) Is there a way of preventing this from happening while working in Autocad, so that when it is opened in QCad, it does not happen?
4.) Does anyone have a drawing file of similar nature created in QCAD that I could use to see what variations I may experience opening in Autocad ?
I am super excited about working with QCAD. Other cad programs that were supposed to support dwg format did not work well at all. In many cases,complete drawing integrity being lost. If all I have to worry about is a few rotated texts, I call that an awesome success.
Thank for any insight that can be shared
Attachments
WHSE Tetris 1.3 QC Ver.dwg
(716.17 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
Last edited by Eugor on Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: R24 DWG Random Text Rotated/Skewed in QCAD

Post by Husky » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:50 am

Eugor wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:44 am
2.) Is they a way to fix it within QCAD short of editing each skewed text item ?
QCAD Pro has a powerful tool for that - the "Selection Filter:

Search within the selection filter for the skewed text and use the "Property Editor" to change the angle from 90 to 0 degree ...

Husky-2019.04.01-02.png
Husky-2019.04.01-02.png (155.7 KiB) Viewed 3247 times

... confirm with return or click on the Model Space (Drawing area) ..... done.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Eugor

Post by Eugor » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:05 am

Now that, is super cool ! Definitely working smart and not hard. Thanks !

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:49 am

The difference is caused by a text property "Match orientation to sheet" which is not supported by QCAD.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”