Qcad/cam

Discussions around the CAM Add-On of QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Indicate the post processor used.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Dreamaker

Qcad/cam

Post by Dreamaker » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:30 pm

I am a little lost, I have many software and it is hard to keep track of their procedures. I downloaded the latest update for Qcad/cam and it put me in to trial mode. Do I have to pay an additional charge to reactivate my software. If so how much??

Dan

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Qcad/cam

Post by andrew » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Accessing the Download Page

After your purchase you have received an e-mail from us or from our e-commerce provider SendOwl with a download link. From this download link you can download the purchased software. The download link is valid for one year. After one year, your access to the download area expires and you will get an appropriate message when attempting to use the download link.

The software itself does not have an expiry date. You can continue to run the downloaded and installed version for as long as you like. However, you do need to backup the downloaded installer file in case you switch computers or need to re-install the software.

Do not download the free QCAD or QCAD/CAM packages from our public web site as these are trial versions.

Updating a License

If your access to the download area has expired, you can renew your QCAD Professional or QCAD/CAM license to keep accessing new versions of the software (and optionally e-books). To buy an update, you can simply purchase a new QCAD Professional or QCAD/CAM license and receive a 30% update discount. I will send you an update code by e-mail.

Please visit our online shop at:
https://www.qcad.org/online-shop

During the checkout, please enter the update discount code in the field Discount and click Go.

The discount coupon is valid for all QCAD Professional and QCAD/CAM products including e-books.

List of changes by version (change log):
https://qcad.org/changelog

Dreamaker

Post by Dreamaker » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:09 pm

I bought a license upgrade, I install the Qcad/cam 3.21 before I bought the licenses. Do I have to reinstall the Qcad/cam to activate. Also I always have difficulty finding the page to login to my account, why is that such a nightmare for me?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:58 pm

Dreamaker wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:09 pm
I bought a license upgrade, I install the Qcad/cam 3.21 before I bought the licenses. Do I have to reinstall the Qcad/cam to activate. Also I always have difficulty finding the page to login to my account, why is that such a nightmare for me?
There's no login, no activation, no code, no password, no key, etc.

Again, you have received an e-mail after purchase with a download link. All you need to do is click that link and download the full version from there.

Do NOT download the freely available packages from our public web site. These are trial versions. Trial versions cannot be turned into full versions.

Dreamaker

Post by Dreamaker » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:23 am

Thanks I figured it all out. Some how I thought there was a license file, I guess I was wrong.

Thank You Again!

Dan

Dreamaker

Post by Dreamaker » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:48 pm

The login I spoke of was for the web page, so I can get to my account. When go to Qcad.com, there is no login tab, or am I missing something.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:00 pm

We've moved away from a login based system because of new EU regulation (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)) which puts a lot of pressure on companies and web sites to reduce collected data to the absolute required minimum.

Is there any particular reason why you want to login to your account? The download-link received by e-mail is actually the only thing you need to access your updates. It does not require you to remember any password or login name and most importantly, it cannot be linked to your name, address, e-mail address, invoices, etc. which keeps the EU happy for our EU based customers. I hope that makes sense..

Dreamaker

Post by Dreamaker » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:54 pm

OK! That makes more sense, I did login In the passes few day on to the account, then I lost the page and couldn't find it. The reason I was looking for my account, I was going to use the old method of update, before you brought the new method to my attention. Shortly up the road I will update again, because I have a new mother board, this Pentium 4 is getting tired. So I am going to a 64 bit board, so when the heat cools down here I going to make the switch.

Dan

Specktech
Registered Member

Post by Specktech » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi Dreamaker, I have been reading all your forums, Seems like I'am very similar to you. I'am self taught, and bound and determined to figure this all out. Very impressed with the projects you have posted. I am having this problem loading into Mach 3 from Q-cam. I can draw up a simple square or circle. Enter in all the parameters. Run the cam sim. All is good, Save it, then try to load into Mach 3. Can not seem to get anything to load into Mach 3 using Q-cam. I can take these same files and load them into D2nc,and Lazycam they load right into Mach. I have even tested some of the files on the Q-cad/cam forums. No luck. Wonder if you might know what I am doing wrong? I also have tried the various post processors. Mach G41/42 and G-code in mm...no luck yet. I might not be saving them correctly. Any tips or ideas I would be so happy. Have a good one. p.s. getting the Bad character used, Block = 0 error. I also don't know how to post the G-code to Notepad. So I can't read the code.

Return to “QCAD/CAM”