Font "Liberation Sans"

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Font "Liberation Sans"

Post by Husky » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:21 am

Hi,

I used the new template din6771-1_de_portrait_a4.dxf and now I'm wondering about a text font in this template. Used and displayed is a font named "Liberation Sans" but I'm pretty sure I don't have this font normally on my system and I can't find it in the QCAD Font folder nor the QCAD Font controls.

Where is this font coming from?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

riverbuoy

Re: Font "Liberation Sans"

Post by riverbuoy » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi Husky,

The font 'Liberation Sans' is a free font that comes with most (if not all) distributions of the Linux operating system. This particular font is a replacement for 'Arial'. If you google this you can find all the information you want (and more).
As it is free, you could download and install it for free on your computer. However, as it replaces the Arial font, you could just change the template to use Arial.

Hope this helps

riverbuoy

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi riverbuoy - thanks for explanation regarding the Linux OS fonts. Sorry - my fault - I forgot to mention that I run on Windows .... :oops:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

hungerburg
Premier Member

Post by hungerburg » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:42 am

I guess you get the font when you install open/libre-office on your system.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:20 pm

The use of "Liberation Sans" is actually more of oversight. This will be changed to "Arial" in the next release which is far more likely to be available on all systems.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”