Typo on QCAD website

Have some feedback on the RibbonSoft web site? Want something added to the QCAD online manual? Post it here!

Moderator: andrew

ryancousins
Premier Member

Typo on QCAD website

Post by ryancousins » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:18 pm

https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-morphing

Under the introduction Header, it starts with "Morphin". It sounds kind of hip but I'm guessing that wasn't the intention. :lol:

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Typo on QCAD website

Post by andrew » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:22 pm

Thanks!

ryancousins
Premier Member

Post by ryancousins » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:30 pm

Here are a couple more things:
  • I noticed on the FAQ page https://qcad.org/en/faq, the second bullet under "Using QCAD", it says "QCAD does not support paper spaces at this point." Is this referring specifically to the community edition? Or is this from a time before paper spaces were supported? Or is this meaning paper spaces from another program can't be imported?
  • This one is really trivial so I apologize in advance. I'm a teacher so I don't think I can help it! In the Reference Manual entry for (De-)select Contour, the very last sentence says "Instead of using this tool, you can simply double-click and entity to select it and all connected entities", rather than an.
  • This one is just my opinion... When I first started using QCAD I was hoping to find a way to copy all of my preferences over to another machine. I have a few machines I use it on (yes I'm the only one that ever uses it. :D ) I looked on the website and didn't see anything. Someone on the forum pointed me to the "reset your configuration" link under Troubleshooting in the tutorials section of the website. I would have never thought to look there because in my mind I wasn't having a problem that needed troubleshooting. I don't know how many other people use their license on more than one machine but I wondered if it might be helpful if this entry somehow was made more general, like "backing up, transferring, or resetting your configuration."
I'm diving into all of this minutiae because I have lots of assignments to grade and I'm good at distracting myself!

J-J

Post by J-J » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:15 pm

I was hoping to find a way to copy all of my preferences over to another machine
If you copy the "QCAD.ini" file, that should do it...
JJ Win7 pro-64

petevick
Premier Member

Post by petevick » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:25 pm

J-J wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:15 pm
If you copy the "QCAD.ini" file, that should do it...
that's for WindowsOS, for Linux it's the QCAD3.conf file found in .config/QCAD :wink: No idea about MacOS
Pete Vickerstaff
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon, Qcad Pro 3.29.6

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:46 pm

petevick wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:25 pm
that's for WindowsOS, for Linux it's the QCAD3.conf file found in .config/QCAD :wink: No idea about MacOS
MacOS=QCAD3.ini
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

ryancousins
Premier Member

Post by ryancousins » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:06 pm

I know how to copy the config file, thanks to someone that helped me on the forum a long time ago. The reason I mentioned it on this thread (site feedback) was as a suggestion that I thought might be helpful to others that were looking for the same thing by making their way through the qcad.org website. I just thought the entry on the website about "resetting your qcad config" could be broadened because I bet there are a few people out there that want to know how to transfer their config between machines or perhaps back it up and, like me, they may not think to find it in a spot that says "troubleshooting." Either way it's not a big deal because, like me, they could just pop into the forum and ask and there are a lot of helpful people in here :D

Return to “Site Feedback”