QCAD is also a digital currency

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

RaNoPlus

QCAD is also a digital currency

Post by RaNoPlus » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:46 am

Hi Guys, I just googled "qcad" and I got the site referring to the launch of a new digital currency in Canada. Quite funny- to see your name used for something totally different. Don't you bother? Can it affect QCAD (drawing software) in the future? Just a question, it's not my business but personally I would like to say "original".

ryancousins
Premier Member

Re: QCAD is also a digital currency

Post by ryancousins » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:01 pm

Ribbonsoft: "Your trusted source for CAD solutions and Digital Currency". :lol:

I'm going to start AutoCAD Coin and charge 500 times more for it.

All joking aside, you do bring up a good point about naming rights and such. I wonder how that works when dealing with different countries and business sectors?

Dodgy Geezer
Registered Member

Re: QCAD is also a digital currency

Post by Dodgy Geezer » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:41 am

ryancousins wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:01 pm
Ribbonsoft: "Your trusted source for CAD solutions and Digital Currency". :lol:

I....... I wonder how that works when dealing with different countries and business sectors?
It works by having registered Logos/Trade Marks/etc in each country. If you do not register, anyone can do anything they like with your name. If you do register, you can bring a Civil Law case against anyone you consider to be misusing your name in a way that affects you. A court then decides whether your rights have been breached or not.

That is a costly process, and is mainly used for disagreements between big companies (eg Apple and the Beatles' Apple Corps), or for big companies to suppress smaller ones (eg Microsoft vs Mike Rowe Software)

Return to “Chat”