[solved] Loop not closed at point ...

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Markz

[solved] Loop not closed at point ...

Post by Markz » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:16 am

Hello,

I'm trying out QCAD. I've hit a snag. Whenever I try to apply a hatch to the pentagon in the center of the drawing, it says "Loop not closed at ..." where ... is the location where two corners of the pentagon meet. I've zoomed in on the point as closely as possible, and they meet. I've tried to edit the two lines by extending them and then trimming them. I've tried moving the whole pentagon to a separate layer and only showing that layer. I've tried converting the pentagon into a polyline object. Nothing works.

Yes, I could just recreate the pentagon, but I would like to know what I'm doing wrong, and why I can't seem to fix it. I've put a small red circle around the point in question to explain what I'm seeing.

Thank you!
Mark
Attachments
test-project.dxf
(136.43 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Last edited by Markz on Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Loop not closed at point ...

Post by Husky » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:26 am

Hello,

your pentagon persist out of a lot of duplicates (entity on entity). Remove them with "Detect Duplicates" (MD), default tolerance 0.001, try to hatch again.
Keep us posted. :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Markz

Re: [solved] Loop not closed at point ...

Post by Markz » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:51 am

Thanks for the help! All I had to do was delete a single line and it was good. And now I know about the dangers of duplicates.

Return to “Chat”