QCAD 3.24.0 Release

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

John Hyslop
Premier Member

QCAD 3.24.0 Release

Post by John Hyslop » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:16 am

Hi Andrew
I would just like to personally thank you for the work you've done on QCAD 3.24.0.
I can now set my qcad3.ini file free and not lock it down to version 2000 DXF due to the printing problem / compatibility issues with AutoCad.. I've already recommended to a few people now and will continue to do so.. I've also added a link to Qcad in my website I hope that's ok with you? As you know the SOLIDWORKS developers have stopped the release of further free versions of draftsight and are now charging through subscription options this hopefully will push users towards qcad fingers crossed.. I'd also like to wish yourself and all users on this forum a great break and happy new year regardless of your religious beliefs..
Cheers
John
IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO ME [ Ten most powerful 2 letter words ]

andrew
Site Admin

Re: QCAD 3.24.0 Release

Post by andrew » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:41 am

Thanks for your kind feedback and encouragement! Yes, linking to qcad.org is of course always welcomed.

I think there are quite a few former DraftSight users now in this forum. I see QCAD as a much simpler solution than those rather complex Autocad clones, but for many users that complexity might not be necessary.

Have a great holiday and a happy 2020!

Return to “Chat”