Company Logo in Title block

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Matangi_Controls
Newbie Member

Company Logo in Title block

Post by Matangi_Controls » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:35 am

Hello,

I am beginner to QCAD and still learning. i have one question as below related to title block.

I have added Logo to Title Block but when i removed logo to different location on my PC it got disappeared from Title Block and i have to re import to all title block ?

is there any way i can stick it to title block and it do not depend whereever it has been located on my PC ? because if i exchange CAD file with my colleague then they will not have logo on their PC and they will not see it on their PC i believe.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Mitesh Maniar

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Company Logo in Title block

Post by andrew » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:43 am

There is no way to embed bitmaps in DXF or DWG files. Bitmaps are always referenced. The safest way to handle this is to keep drawing file and bitmap always together in the same folder.

I'd recommend to keep a folder for every project and keep all resources associated with the project in that project folder:
- MyProject folder, contains:
--- MyDrawing.dxf
--- MyLogo.png
--- MyDrawing.pdf

An alternative might be to create a vector representation of your logo and insert that as a block.

Matangi_Controls
Newbie Member

Post by Matangi_Controls » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:53 am

Andrew,

Thanks for prompt reply.

Vector representation mean need to draw the logo ? or it can be done something using bitmaps ?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Mitesh Maniar

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:55 pm

Matangi_Controls wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:53 am
Vector representation mean need to draw the logo ? or it can be done something using bitmaps ?
A vector representation would be a sort of drawing and is stored always IN the dxf/dwg file.
If you use a bitmap then it is never stored IN the dxf/dwg file (drawing). Basically there is only a link stored where to find the bitmap.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Chat”