Dissapearing blocks when on top of an JPG image

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

KDPS16
Registered Member

Dissapearing blocks when on top of an JPG image

Post by KDPS16 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:44 pm

Using Windows 10 and QCad Ver. 3.27.9
I have a drawing of an apartment using a scaled jpg image on layer 0. When I insert furniture blocks over the apartment image they will disappear, sporadically, or flash visibly on and off as I pass the mouse courser over the apartment image. I've tried putting the blocks on different layers. I's like Q Cad doesn't like the jpg image under the blocks. I read an earlier post on disappearing blocks and it didn't seam to be the same circumstance or went over my head.
Keith

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Dissapearing blocks when on top of an JPG image

Post by Husky » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:15 am

Hi,
KDPS16 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:44 pm
I's like Q Cad doesn't like the jpg image under the blocks.
Short explanation: If you hover with the mouse over any entity in a drawing QCAD highlights an entity for a visual confirmation that the entity can now be selected. That happens also with images what can be confusing ... but is technically correct.

How to avoid that:

Make sure the Layer List is visible (Menu/View/Layer List) or shortcut GV,
Put the image on a dedicated layer - maybe called "Bitmaps".
Precautionally select the image and send it into the back (MB) - most likely not really necessary ...
Lock this layer "Bitmaps" in the layer list (Padlock icon turns red) and the spuck has an end ... :wink:

What could help too is to fade the image. Select the image (layer needs to be unlocked for that) and adjust "Fade" in the "Property Editor" like 50 or so ...
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Chat”