[solved] Block layer problem

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

jmariano
Registered Member

[solved] Block layer problem

Post by jmariano » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:45 pm

Hello all,

I'm new to QCAD and CAd in general.
I defined some blocks with different layers, say lay 1, 2 and 3, them I insert these blocks on my drawing that as the same 1, 2 and 3 layers.
The problem is that when I try to hide one of the layers on my drawing, say, layer 1, this layer in fact disappears on my main drawing, but with the blocks, two things can happen: either the corresponding layer vanishes, or the all block disappears. And, on the top of that, not all the same blocks vanish with the same layers. Hiding layer 1 can hide layer 1 on block A but hide block B and C completely, and hiding layer 3 can hide block B and hide layer 3 in block C.
It's like each block was a "master" layer, and this master layer is different from block to block, probably because I have created the block in different ways, although I don't know how.

Any help?
Thanks
jmariano

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Block layer problem

Post by Husky » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:42 pm

Hi,

I recommend to study this tutorials to get a good understanding on how it works:

https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-working-with-layers

https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-layers-blo ... attributes
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

jmariano
Registered Member

[Solved]: Block layer problem

Post by jmariano » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Hello Husky,
Thanks for the help.
After reading the tutorials I was able to solve the issue, although it is not at all obvious.
I'm marking this as solved.
Regards

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”