Line style not applied

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

massimo

Line style not applied

Post by massimo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:37 am

Hi,

I'm using Community Version: 3.24.3.0 (3.24.3), self built from sources with x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-9.3.0 and Qt-5.14.1-r1.

I'm creating a 2 parallel lines by 'lineparallel', having layer "helpline" selected with red, 0,25mm, Dot(2x).
One of them gets dotted, the other is just solid. Selecting both lines I see attributes:
Layer: helpline
Color: by Layer
Lineweight: by Layer
Linetype: by Layer.

So why is the line type differently displayed?
I'm working in Block Model_Space.
Community Version 3.28.2.0, Gentoo Linux on amd64

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Line style not applied

Post by Husky » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:23 am

So far I can't reproduce it on Windows.

Which of the following View mode is chosen?
Draft Mode,
Screen-based Linetypes,
Anti-aliasing,
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

massimo

Post by massimo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:13 am

It happens with
Draft mode off
Screen-based Linetypes off
Antialiasing off

While I still think it's a bug, I'm going to switch Screen-based Linetypes on while constructing. I wasn't aware of this setting and it solves my issue, I see all dotted line types now at any zoom level.

massimo

Post by massimo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:24 am

btw. when talking about the view modes, do you have any recommendation for speeding up the zoom? I know I can set the zoom step width, I have a very fast free moving mouse wheel on a Logitech MX Revolution, I have a core i7-4790.
When I need to scroll very large distances in my file this takes a bit too long. Can I reduce the line details for distant zoom levels? Antialiasing is already off.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:30 pm

massimo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:24 am
btw. when talking about the view modes, do you have any recommendation for speeding up the zoom?
I assume I use to 99% "on" for the view modes "Screen-based Linetypes" and Anti-aliasing.

Recommendation? Yes, try not to stick to only one method like mouse wheel zooming.
Check out all possible zoom option and find a good working mix of tools for your workflow.

Just a few examples:
Total zoom out with mouse wheel takes much longer than using the "Auto Zoom" tool.
Zoom in to a dedicated area with mouse wheel takes much longer than using the "Window Zoom" tool.
etc. etc ...

Then the possibility to create "Layouts Viewports". Very powerful for certain situations. Up to four independent windows of the same drawing ...
Menu / Edit / Drawing Preferences / Layout / Viewport

My favorite for larger drawings is in the Pro version the "View List" with the possibility to save all needed views. I can then zoom to each one of them with just a single click and get always a maximum of workspace .... beautiful. But that would be a Pro feature ...
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”