Suggestion for improvement to 'round' tool

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

lesthegringo

Suggestion for improvement to 'round' tool

Post by lesthegringo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:07 am

Guys, I use the round tool a lot, but ultimately I find it to be frustrating to use due to a rather (at least in my opinion!) silly feature.

When I want to round off two objects, 99.9999% of the time I want it to be rounding on the inside. So far as far as I can remember I have not needed to round outside. However when you have lines that are close, I would say at least 70% of the time it ends up selecting the outside round, which means that I then have to redo it and delete the incorrect rounding radius.

My suggestion would be to make the round select the inside as default, then if you want to round outside use shift or CTRL in order to select it.

Is that possible?

Cheers

Les

Win 10, ver 3.21.3.0 (3.21.3) community edition

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Suggestion for improvement to 'round' tool

Post by Husky » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:50 pm

lesthegringo wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:07 am
My suggestion would be to make the round select the inside as default, then if you want to round outside use shift or CTRL in order to select it.
The tool is designed to offer ALL geometrical possibilities. With the positioning of your mouse pointer you are in full control of where (inside, outside) to confirm the offered solution.
An undo is only necessary if you confirmed previously the wrong solution - that isn't the fault of the tool, isn't it? :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Suggestion for improvement to 'round' tool

Post by CVH » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi,
Agreed, the rounding tool needs improvements
There are times I fall back to Circle 2 Tangent and do the trimming myself.

Also see:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=7321&p=28302&hilit=round#p28302

Regards,
CVH

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”