QCAD post-installation startup issue

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

clh333
Registered Member

QCAD post-installation startup issue

Post by clh333 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:09 pm

Greetings to all: My first post here, prompted by an issue I am having with QCAD.

Running RH Fedora 31, 64-bit, fresh install yesterday, on a machine with ASUS mobo, 32 GB RAM, 467 GB partition on a 1 TB drive (dual boot with Windows 7 Pro). Fedora 31 has pre-installed a software management GUI tool, with which I have installed a number of other applications. The tool is somewhat limited - I don't like it very much - but I used it to install Libre CAD and QCAD this afternoon.

LibreCAD starts and exits as expected. However, QCAD, when invoked from its icon, displays a "pinwheel" cursor for ten or fifteen seconds and then the cursor disappears. The program never runs or displays a splash screen. I removed the program using the Fedora software tool and ran DNF in a terminal window as SU to locate and install QCAD (x86-64), but with the same result: no program and no error message.

I apologize if I am restating a problem that has already been answered here. As I said, I am a newcomer and I couldn't find a search tool to search for an existing answer. Thank you for your replies.

-CH-

CVH
Premier Member

Re: QCAD post-installation startup issue

Post by CVH » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:03 pm

Not starting like you describe points to a install flaw.
...\QCAD\qcad.exe -enable-script-debugger
does starting with the debugger tell you something more?

Forum FAQ
app.php/help/faq

Odd is that all these got recently missing...
Searching
Advanced search
Search members
Search post
Search anything

Regards,
CVH

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:11 pm

CVH wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:03 pm
Odd is that all these got recently missing...
Searching
Advanced search
Search members
Search post
Search anything
There's currently a DDoS attack underway on our server, mostly using the forum search functionality in an attempt to bring the server down by triggering lots of CPU / DB intensive queries. Forum search has been disabled for now until the attack is over. Luckily the rest of our infrastructure can easily cope.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:14 pm

clh333: Did you try to download and install QCAD from our web site instead? We cannot really offer any kind of support for packages made available by your Linux distributor as there were not compiled or tested by us.

QCAD Downloads:
https://qcad.org/de/download

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”