[solved] No Visible Lines

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

bvmetry
Newbie Member

[solved] No Visible Lines

Post by bvmetry » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:09 pm

I download QCAD and created the Community Edition to edit a simple 2D floor plan. Everything worked fine. Now or some reason I can not draw any lines, rectangles, etc. I went through all my settings and everything look good. All Layers are visible, colors are good, can't find anything wrong. Today I removed QCAD from my Mac (running 10.14.6), download a complete new version of QCAD, opened it up to a blank screen, select the line icon to add a line and nothing. I did that without changing any defaults. Do you have any ideas on what can be wrong?
Last edited by bvmetry on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: No lines visible

Post by Husky » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:00 pm

Check the Layer for locked status - padlock symbol in layer list. If locked unlock it. If it isn't the problem please save the drawing and upload it to this forum. We'll check it then ...
Thanks.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

bvmetry
Newbie Member

Re: No lines visible

Post by bvmetry » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:55 pm

Thank you for your reply. Well, I've got the line working again, but not like it was before. Here's what happens. I select the line icon, but nothing is visible until I press the + (free snap or FS) icon. The Command Line shows "Next Point" but nothing shows on the screen. So to draw a 2 point line and have it snap to the end of the line, I need to select the line icon, then select the + icon, then select the End Snap (ES) icon and then draw the line. It wasn't like that before. Before I simply select the line icon and it would auto snap to the ends and I would draw the line. How can I get it back to the way it was? It's got to be a setting.

bvmetry
Newbie Member

Re: No lines visible PROBLEM SOLVED

Post by bvmetry » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:23 pm

Problem Solved. I went into the Auto Snap Preferences and selected "Free Positioning".

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”