Measuring distance between parallel lines

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

Krischu
Premier Member

Measuring distance between parallel lines

Post by Krischu » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:52 am

When I'm trying to draw dimension in Layer 0 (is it the correct layer?) I don't seem to get arrows at the end of the dionesion lines and the dimension text is very tiny and written in the line width of that layer. Either I misadjusted some parameters in a dialog or I'm doing wrong something else. Could someone help me , pleae.

Thank you,

Christoph
--
Christoph

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Measuring distance between parallel lines

Post by Husky » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:31 pm

Krischu wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:52 am
When I'm trying to draw dimension in Layer 0 (is it the correct layer?) ...
Yes and no ..... I would recommend to use a separate layer which is called DIM or so ...
Krischu wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:52 am
When I'm trying to draw dimension in Layer 0 (is it the correct layer?) I don't seem to get arrows at the end of the dionesion lines and the dimension text is very tiny and written in the line width of that layer.
Have a look at the drawing preferences below Menu/Edit. You can adjust your settings for dimension in the "Dimension Setting" dialog - keep also an eye on the "Keep proportion" option - activation could already solve your arrow issue.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”