"QCAD" not responding when save

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

SzurkeWolf
Newbie Member

"QCAD" not responding when save

Post by SzurkeWolf » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:05 pm

Dear All,

Some day ago I was changed my OS and I reinstall the latest QCAD Community Edition. Previous I was use Ubuntu 20.04 and QCAD 3.26.x(I don't remember exactly) Since then I can't save or save as because always got the issue on the attached screen capture.
Screenshot from 2024-04-06 12-49-42.png
Screen_Capture_Of_Issue
Screenshot from 2024-04-06 12-49-42.png (399.24 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
I started the Qcad from terminal just to see some information on the console but nothing interesting for me. The capture was made with my existing dxf(which is made in qcad) "save as" copy but the issue is same when I try to save an opened dxf even I try to save a new dxf.

The capture I made in the following software version:
OS : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm) - 64bit - GNOME Version 43.9 - Wayland
QCAD : 3.27.6.0 (3.27.6) Community Edition I now that is not the latest, but I would like to use this because I need the library manager which was removed since version 3.28
I also got the same issue yesterday when I was use the latest (3.29.6) Community Edition.

Coud anybody help me to solve this issue? I also attached the dxf of my but I got the issue with all of my dxf's.
Attachments
Hokozpont_Sema_V5.dxf
DXF_For_Save_As
(277.29 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

CVH
Premier Member

Re: "QCAD" not responding when save

Post by CVH » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:03 am

Hi,
The file loads OK (CE => R15) and saves OK on Win with 3.27.6 Pro.
There are a few things that pop out on your console log:
- Color #fffff unknown for CSS (An CSS error, 5x 'f')
- scripts/Pro/DefaultActionPro.js not found (QCAD Pro)
- Style overides (Newer)
- Several property changes. (Newer)

Has the file been opened/saved in a newer version before attempting a reload in an older version?
Have you ran a newer QCAD version an reverted back to an older release?

I think you might want to try resetting your configuration:
https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-resetting- ... figuration

SzurkeWolf wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:05 pm
QCAD : 3.27.6.0 (3.27.6) Community Edition I now that is not the latest, but I would like to use this because I need the library manager
I do understand, I have my personal reasons to stick with 3.27.6 Pro for the time being.
Not that I have running other versions aside.

You can do without the Library Browser, simply use a file manager (no preview) and drag in the library item(s).
Or you could upgrade to the recent pro version for a extremely small fee. :wink:
Especially cheap for your kind of usage.

Regards,
CVH

SzurkeWolf
Newbie Member

Post by SzurkeWolf » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:00 am

Hi,

Yes the file was opened and tried to save in 3.29.6 version. In that attempt I got first the issue. After that started my suffering with QCAD. Since I wrote my post I done some attempt but nothing changed. Maybe you have some idea based on that:

-Before every installation I always remove the whole QCAD folder and the whole ./config/QCAD folder - so I reseted my configuration in every installation
-I tried save the file in version 3.29.6 Pro(Trial)
-I tried save the file in version 3.29.6 CE
-I tried save the file in version 3.29.6 Qt Pro(Trial)
-I tried save the file in version 3.29.6 Qt CE
-I tried save the file in version 3.27.6 Pro(Trial)
-I tried save the file in version 3.27.6 CE

All attempt have the same issue, so I think the reason is someting global but I can't figure out what.
CVH wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:03 am
You can do without the Library Browser, simply use a file manager (no preview) and drag in the library item(s).
Or you could upgrade to the recent pro version for a extremely small fee. :wink:
Especially cheap for your kind of usage.

Thank the suggestion! If I can save my file I will use the 3.29 CE without library. The fee is really small but in this time for my home renovation project I can't purchase.

Regards,
Farkas

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:47 pm

Maybe a solution to throttle back is to load your file in a recent trial pro version and save it in R15 format.
Newer QCAD trial versions (=QCAD pro) may use a more recent format by default.
Anything not yet supported in R15 will not be saved as such.

Updating and removing an installation doesn't always overwrites/removes everything.
But because you start from a clean slate I can only say that it should work with the correct release for your system.
For Wayland support I think you need the Linux 64bit Qt 5.14 (Wayland support) Installer or ... tar.gz
On the download page scroll down to below 'All Downloads'.
Search the forum on 'Wayland' for some (recent) tweaks.

'Save' and 'Save As' basically use the same resource.
Perhaps there is a place you did not look at ...
Have you installed some custom scripts under the Linux ~/.local/share/QCAD/QCAD folder that may corrupt saving in some way?

It is probably not a file issue but still ...
Here is the file saved as R15 using dxflib:
Hokozpont_Sema_V5 (R15dxflib).dxf
(322.87 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
(Black is saved as white; Custom colors are stored as nearest fixed color)

Regards,
CVH

SzurkeWolf
Newbie Member

Post by SzurkeWolf » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:53 pm

Thank You!

I checked the ~/.local/share/QCAD/QCAD path and it not exist so I don't installed any custom script.

BUT I think finally found a solution. I copied my file from the original location to a different location. In this new location the save is work perfect!
The differentiation of the two path is the drive. In my laptop I have on SSD and a HDD. The system and the qcad is installed under the SSD (/home/farkas/opt/qcad....) and I mounted my HDD under the /home/farkas/Documents/Data, the file and the save location is located under this ~/Documents/Data/.

I don't know or understand what is the differentiation for the saving but now I tested this and worked fine.

Thank you very much for supporting!

PS:. I tested this in all version which I wrote in past and all are work to the SSD and have issue to save to the HDD.

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:23 pm

Nice that you could solve this. :P

Where a file is saved to should not cause an irresponsible stall.
Then again, I am not that familiar with the Linux folder tree structure.

Regards,
CVH

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”