[SOLVED] Remove TRIAL window?

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

Hopestation
Registered Member

[SOLVED] Remove TRIAL window?

Post by Hopestation » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi.
Following the demise of the free Draftsight CAD program I have tried a few free alternatives and found QCAD to be the best option.
But having downloaded the trial Windows 64 bit version, 3.12.5.0 (3.12.5), and deleted the Pro .dll plugins but I still have the Trial window on the right hand side of the screen.
The web page where I downloaded the program said that I could remove it in the Community edition but there's no Remove option in the window.
How do I remove it?
Thanks.
Last edited by Hopestation on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

DougVW

Re: Remove TRIAL window?

Post by DougVW » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:07 pm

See: https://www.qcad.org/en/qcad-downloads-trial

"If you are looking for the free open source QCAD Community Edition, you can download the trial version for your platform (see above) and then remove the QCAD Professional add-on running in trial mode (click Remove in the Trial widget and follow on screen instructions). Alternatively, you may compile your own package from sources below."

DougVW

Post by DougVW » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:11 pm

Seems like you've tried most, if not all of these tips. However, maybe you need to remove all versions of QCAD completely, then re-install the trial version, then try again to revert to community edition.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Hopestation wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:34 pm
The web page where I downloaded the program said that I could remove it in the Community edition but there's no Remove option in the window.
How do I remove it?
Download the trial version which suits your system. Install it in a new or empty subdirectory (never mix different QCAD versions in a directory!), to switch it to the free Community Version remove the files mentioning in this tutorial:

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4668#p17085
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Hopestation
Registered Member

Post by Hopestation » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:09 pm

Thanks for your answers.
I downloaded and installed the Windows64 .msi file, Version: 3.24.2.0 (3.24.2).
I removed the Trial window but found that whereas the previous version still opened .DWG files using Teigha after I deleted the dwg.dll, the new version doesn't.
Is there some way to implement this?
Thanks.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:25 pm

Hopestation wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:09 pm
Is there some way to implement this?
Unfortunately dwg files are only supported by the QCAD Provisional version.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”