Need help please

Discussions around the CAM Add-On of QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Indicate the post processor used.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

csmyth74
Newbie Member

Need help please

Post by csmyth74 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:41 pm

Having setting up Gcode for drawing ive done. Ive tried folowing what is stated in the "tutorial" but its not doing anything. Its been 15 years since ive done this so please excuse me for sounding dumb or over looking things. We are using a plasma cutting table at our shop run through Mach3. Just trying to figure out this process. Thank you.
Last edited by csmyth74 on Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Need help please

Post by andrew » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:45 pm

I've moved this topic to the QCAD/CAM forum.

Please start with the QCAD/CAM tutorial at:
https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-qcad-cam

Feel free to post to a new topic with any more specific questions you might have.

csmyth74
Newbie Member

Post by csmyth74 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:55 pm

yes, I have completely read through all that but it was confusing to me for some reason. Thats why im posting here :(

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:57 am

Could you please be (much) more specific? Which step(s) are you struggling with? Is there a drawing you can attach? Did you already add a tool and a toolpath?

Please give us a hint where to start.

csmyth74
Newbie Member

Post by csmyth74 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:17 pm

Ive tried several simple drawings like basic circles to learn on. Ive followed the tutorial closely. Everything seems to work like in the tutorial and in simulations but when I load the Gcode into Mach3 to run the table, my torch goes to a random area, moves around a couple times, then moves way off track and stops. Then the torch turns on and just stays in 1 position. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ . Ive tried the same the same process with changing the options through the post processor list with the same end result. The overall program works well and its user friendly for making drawing files.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:44 pm

This sounds like your controller expects something different from what QCAD/CAM produces with the Mach3 post processor. Do you have any example G-Code files which you know to be working? If so, please attach. You might have to use a different post processor or a new one.

Return to “QCAD/CAM”