Hello from Missouri

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Jeffrey
Newbie Member

Hello from Missouri

Post by Jeffrey » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:01 pm

I went looking for CADD software for my work, and tried LibreCAD. :oops: After a day of great frustration I went looking again and found QCAD. After a day of seeing what I like I've decided to buy and install the Professional version. :D

Your license terms are exactly what I need, and every question I've had as a newbie has been answered quickly by searching this forum. Unlike LibreCAD, everything is intuitive, and so far there have been no mysteries.

I look forward greatly to using QCAD for my work, which now involves producing drawings of hole locations and sizes on aluminum plates which are used to assemble an integrated electronic package that we sell. Until now I did the drafting the "old fashioned way" on graph paper with a pencil. I do the milling manually on a 1964 Clausing, but I dream of the day when the project grows enough to justify automated CAM (another reason I chose QCAD because the path in that direction is open).

The time spent to learn and use QCAD to produce these drawings is much greater than the amount of time it would take to do one of them with pencil and graph paper, but I got tired of having to redraw the entire plate every time there was a design change. CAD is costly (time consuming) for a small business, but an investment in the future that pays off as the products morph and change.

THANKS!
Jeffrey Alan Klute - Data Vision Services
202 W Third ST, Rayville, MO 64084
"Necessity and Desire are the Mother and Father of Invention"

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Missouri

Post by andrew » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:08 pm

Thank you for your introduction and kind feedback. Welcome to the QCAD forum.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”