G'day

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

TrevorW
Registered Member

G'day

Post by TrevorW » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:16 pm

Was just pointed to the forum by Andrew after asking how to enable flexpainter, and after a bit more searching through the forum I've managed to work it out. I'm just a tradie that needs to prepare simple plans or markup/amend those prepared by professionals. I was using Draftsight before. I've got to say that QCAD is bloody awesome - and flexpainter too now that I've worked out how it works (revision clouds that is).

CVH
Premier Member

Re: G'day

Post by CVH » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:07 pm

TrevorW wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:16 pm
I've got to say that QCAD is bloody awesome - and flexpainter too now that I've worked out how it works (revision clouds that is).
Hi, Trevor.
Welcome to the QCAD Forum.
Glad that the tool is of some use to you. :P

Look at FlexPainter as a rubber roller stamp that follows your line art as a base.
Avoid hard corners in your base entity(-ies) otherwise the stamp will smudge. :wink:

Initially it used splines that are malleable as rubber to mimic the roller stamp.
Revision Clouds all use polylines with arc segments as pattern data.
The bulging relies on the actual casted distance between points/nodes.
Painting over curved base lines this looks rather 'at random' with a theme. :wink:

Feel free to ask me for any help in the FlexPainter topic.
https://qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic.php? ... =15#p29387

Regards,
CVH

Return to “Introduce Yourself”