Hi from Brisbane Australia

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Teknidocs
Registered Member

Hi from Brisbane Australia

Post by Teknidocs » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:11 am

I have an earlier version (2018) of QCAD PRO and like others find it very intuitive and easy to use.
However, I now have a requirement to construct some isometric equivalent parts for installation manuals that I design and compile as a freelancer.
On reading information relative to the 2022 version, I understand it is possible to create an isometric view of a particular entity.
I would like to have this confirmed before I make a purchase of the latest version.

Thanks
James

Teknidocs
Registered Member

Re: Hi from Brisbane Australia

Post by Teknidocs » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:33 am

Thanks CVH, grateful for your prompt response.
One more question if I may?
Can the Isometric image be rendered and can different colours represent different planes?

Thanks

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:04 am

Hi,
As far as I know this are just the same entities as non-projected ones with all the same properties as any other.

What do you mean in detail by 'Can the Isometric image be rendered'.
The projection tools only help in projecting things different to be visualized in 2D.

A recent example file:
https://qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic.php? ... 443#p37982

Regards,
CVH

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:39 am

Hi Teknidocs - welcome to the QCAD Forum.
Teknidocs wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:33 am
Can the Isometric image be rendered ...
If you meant with that a photorealistic rendering - no, that is not possible in QCAD.
Teknidocs wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:33 am
... and can different colours represent different planes?
You can decide to use for different orientation different layer with designated colors for each "plane" but that isn't even close to those planes which you will find in 3D software.

This example drawing would be a typical isometry case of application drawn in QCAD.

Husky-2022.07.28-03.png
Husky-2022.07.28-03.png (141.5 KiB) Viewed 5003 times

If possible attache a screenshot of your case of application and we will tell you if you can achieve that with QCAD or not. Deal? :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”