Command Line Problems

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Mauricio
Newbie Member

Command Line Problems

Post by Mauricio » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:21 am

Hello:
I am Mauricio and new here to QCAD. I came from the AUTOCAD environment where I did a lot of GUI interface stuff. I also did a lot of LISP modules to reduce the workload on the drafters. I can not afford the exorbitant price of AUTOCAD so I turned to QCAD which accepts my library of DWG and DXF files without any problems. I use the LAYER system in exactly the same way as AUTOCAD. I was somewhat worried that I could not globally change the TEXT FONTS dynamically, but QCAD has the answer to that in the WIDGETS-PROPERTY EDITOR feature.
When I had started using LISP with AUTOCAD I just dove in right away, but with QCAD I can not even successfully activate a simple routine at the Command Line, let alone in a JS file. I will continue, but may have to seek help here on this forum if unsuccessful. addLine(0,0, 100,100) is supposed to work at the Command Line, but bombed out for me.
Did you know that LISP is the acronym for: "Lost in Stupid Parentheses" (Joke)
Mauricio

John Hyslop
Premier Member

Re: Command Line Problems

Post by John Hyslop » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:26 am

Hi Mauricio
Have you had a look at CVHs DrawFromCSV.. It might interest you very much.. I wrote a small example program that uses it search cone development tool in forum.
DrawFromCSV is now part of Qcad
Menu
Misc>Import/export > Draw from CSV
I'm also from AutoCad to Qcad once you are up and running with it you won't look back, I promise you that..

Cheers
John
PS I'll edit this soon and add links for you..
Here you are..
Cone Development program that uses Draw from CSV
https://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8377

Draw from CSV some documentation... [ please search forum I'm not sure if this is current ]
https://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic. ... CSV#p35383
PPS I like the lisp joke :lol:
IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO ME [ Ten most powerful 2 letter words ]

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:09 pm

This is a good starting point for scripting:
https://www.qcad.org/en/tutorial-script-programming

Most likely you are entering JavaScript commands into the QCAD command line instead of the script shell.

Mauricio
Newbie Member

Post by Mauricio » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:43 pm

Thanks, guys. I am retired now and learning QCAD to unblock the petrified neural pathways of my mind during this COVID plague.

Mauricio
Newbie Member

Post by Mauricio » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:38 pm

i would like to thank the QCAD members for their help.
I have made some big strides in setting up my system. I finally gave up on the scrips list, so now I have all my script (JS) files accessible from the cloud. Similarly, I also have my BLOCKS and DWG files there too. I still need to edit the template to bring in my LAYERS automatically. So for me the next step is to play with some various interactive scripting routines.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”