Hello everybody

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Evertb1
Registered Member

Hello everybody

Post by Evertb1 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:00 pm

It's that time of the year again so before everything else the best wishes for the coming year.

I just joined this forum 2 days ago. I am not a professional CAD user. In fact CAD is not even my hobby. To me it's a means to an end. I have almost no experience in CAD applications except with SketchUp.

I used SketchUp to design some loudspeaker housings with curved lines. I want to build the housings with stacked segments. For those segments I need router templates. It's my intention to use a CNC service to make those templates. In order to do so I need to deliver drawings in DXF format.

The free version of SketchUp can't export in DXF. There is another problem in SketchUp. In SketchUp you can't produce real circles or circle segments. The "round" lines are segmented. You can choose the number of segments to make it look good but still. So in comes QCAD.

I have started learning how to deal with QCAD the minute I installed it and I can see, that if I want to have quick results, I need to maintain a steep learning curve. But that's all in the game. By the second week of January I hope to have completed my drawings.

J-J

Re: Hello everybody

Post by J-J » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:45 pm

Welcome to the forum, you'll find plenty of people willing to help with your questions.
It is quite easy to get started if you have some background in design, which it seems you do.
I need to maintain a steep learning curve
...practice makes perfect
JJ Win7 pro-64

Return to “Introduce Yourself”