Hello all! AutoCAD to QCAD

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

jhande
Newbie Member

Hello all! AutoCAD to QCAD

Post by jhande » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:54 pm

I started drafting on the board before computers came out. I worked in the architectural discipline for many years. I went back to school to learn AutoCAD when that became the way to work. I became very proficient with the program (among others) were I was writing scripts to make the work flow easier and quicker. I even worked at Subway World Headquarters in Milford, CT for awhile designing stores worldwide. I have been retired for awhile now and refused to buy in to the newer AutoCAD subscription program. My last version of AutoCAD that I had purchased was version 14 and running on Windows XP. Since my old XP PC is no longer playing nice I started looking for something that would run on my wife's laptop running Windows 10. QCAD looks and seems to be a good fit for both the PC and transitioning from AutoCAD. I only need a familiar program for my hobby projects; such as building cabinets, furniture, sheds, woodworking projects, etc...

ryancousins
Premier Member

Re: Hello all! AutoCAD to QCAD

Post by ryancousins » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:22 pm

Welcome to the QCAD forums. There are tons of AutoCAD people that give QCAD a try because it's actually affordable. I think you will find it powerful enough for your needs.

I got into woodworking a couple years ago and wish I had more time to build. Hopefully you have more time than I do! I worked at Subway from 1999 to 2012 at a few stores in the West Michigan market. Seems like a lifetime ago now.

Feel free to come back with any questions. There are some QCAD experts on here ready to help!

jhande
Newbie Member

Re: Hello all! AutoCAD to QCAD

Post by jhande » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:24 pm

Thank you ryancousins!
Like drafting my projects, refuse to pay Autodesk a yearly fee for AutoCAD.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”