Hi all!

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

ailer
Newbie Member

Hi all!

Post by ailer » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:46 pm

My name is Volker, I'm a teacher at a vocational school in Germany (Berufsbildende Schule). I teach electronics and computer science.

My hobbies are ham radio and machining. In former times I worked with AutoCAD, but that's the atomic bomb for my purposes. I need a slim, fast alternative and so I came to QCAD. LibreCAD is kind of forgotten, QCAD does exactly what I need, the money is more than worth it.

While I'm a fanatic ham radio experimenter and electronics maker, sometimes my artisanal skills are crying for more mechanical challenges. For that reason I need the CAD software.

May there always be an inch of space for your mouse to move :-)

Volker

J-J

Re: Hi all!

Post by J-J » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:58 pm

Hi Volker
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll enjoy QCAD as much as I do.
I have designed and then built a few morse key with it, could not do without now :D
JJ Win7 pro-64

ailer
Newbie Member

Post by ailer » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:27 pm

A selfbuilt Morse could be one of the next projects :-)
When I was young, I was a real cw enthuiast. My favourite key was the Junker Taste and I never got a friend of bug keys. I yet own an ETM 3, but only for catching dust... Yes, a milled brass key would be a nice object in my shack.
Have fun with your keys!
Volker

ryancousins
Premier Member

Post by ryancousins » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:36 pm

Welcome Volker.

N8RLC here :D Though I can't say I put my license to much use. I also teach basic computer programming and I've wanted to teach an intro electronics course. Perhaps one day. It sounds like you have a really great thing going.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about QCAD. There are some smart people willing to help!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”