introduction

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

StanTibbs

introduction

Post by StanTibbs » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:51 am

Name is Stan live in the mid eastern US. I have used ACAD on and off for about 30+years only for 2D, was very surprised how Qcad followed established premiere CAD program like the big boys. Actually very impressed! I tried the QCAD freebee for a about an hour, I had enough, Bought QCAD.
Drivers seat is similar to what I'm used to, well laid out & intuitive like ACAD,
Sorry for the ACAD references, I need a comparison reference. Its taking a bit for me to get used to the short cut codes "wish they were user assignable? " maybe one day. I'm a short cut coder with the left hand and a mouse driver with the right, just seems more efficient this way.
I will be doing mostly drafting for schematics, with some mechanical assemblies as needed, I have a bunch of blocks I've created over the years to facilitate faster schematic drawings for reverse engineering jobs, Including electronic, electrical, & mechanical devices with hardware.
So far the blocks & drawings I have brought in to QCAD from 2014.dwg files seemed flawless. I have drafted a bunch of old HEATHKIT schematics over the years. Mostly the Audio equipment.
Any way did I say how happy I was with this CAD program,

Well, I'm VERY HAPPY!

I hope I can in the future help contribute. Stan 092121

ryancousins
Premier Member

Re: introduction

Post by ryancousins » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:18 pm

Welcome to the forum StanTibbs

I've been busy and off the forum for way too long, so I'm catching up with old posts and noticed you mention here that you wish shortcuts were assignable. They are, in fact. If you go to Edit>Application Preferences>General>Tool Settings, you can search for any of the tools and change or add the shortcuts or commands assigned to it. I'm not a AutoCAD user, but I believe it's based on commands? So you could change or add to these commands to match what you're used to.

StanTibbs

Re: introduction

Post by StanTibbs » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:10 am

Thank you ryancousins this is exactly what i was looking for!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”