Hi all, New to qcad

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

olddude
Newbie Member

Hi all, New to qcad

Post by olddude » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:37 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new to cad, I have researched several cad software, and I would like to make this my home. I have many years of experience in hand drafting but am pretty limited to cad. I would like to draw a simple home plan for my last home. Any help would be appreciated where to start and the best newbie tuts would be great.
Thanks in advance
olddude
PS. Thanks for the ad e_geek

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hi all, New to qcad

Post by Husky » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:33 pm

Hello olddude,

thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the QCAD forum.
olddude wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:37 pm
I have many years of experience in hand drafting ...
Sounds like that is already half of the rent ... :wink:
olddude wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:37 pm
I would like to draw a simple home plan for my last home. Any help would be appreciated where to start and the best newbie tuts would be great.
I think it is always the best way to start a concrete project (home plan) and solve the CAD problems on the fly. Most likely you will run in the same problems like other user and most likely you will find an answer to your problem in this forum. In the case that you can't find an answer please feel free to post your question and I'm sure somebody knows how to help you.

A few basic tutorials:
https://qcad.org/en/documentation/tutorials
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

olddude
Newbie Member

Re: Hi all, New to qcad

Post by olddude » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:23 am

Hi Husky,
Thanks for the reply, and yes I'm seeking tutorials and reading as much as I can, I have found this guy on youtube that has given his tuts with more simple instructions. It's not that I don't understand but have of the people out there doing these tutorials assume that we can see what they are typing or what mouse button they are using, half of the time they are moving the drawing so much for no reason that it becomes very confusing. I have been in the construction field for 43 years and have trained many many of from knowing nothing to becoming inspectors, General contractors, etc. so that said I know how important it is to know how to communicate with another person/s when instructing them on something new. I've been a Linux user for about 12 years now, I only go to windows when I absolutely have to, so I'm very comfortable with forums like these.
Thank you and yes I will take advantage of the knowledge on this site.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”