Retired Architect

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

ianmacaskill
Newbie Member

Retired Architect

Post by ianmacaskill » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:06 pm

Hello fellow QCAD users. I have been retired a number of years and my previous CAD experience was with Bentley MicroStation. The learning curve will not be too steep but there are some fundamental adjustments for me. The first one that comes to mind is what was referred to as Reference Files - Being able to attach a reference file - EG a plan and then being able to draw a cross section or longitudinal section by projections from the reference file plan. Is something like this possible with QCAD? I look forward to help from this Forum in the coming weeks!

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Retired Architect

Post by Husky » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:44 pm

Thank you for indroducing yourself - welcome to the QCAD forum!
ianmacaskill wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:06 pm
Is something like this possible with QCAD? I look forward to help from this Forum in the coming weeks!
Yes that is possible and you are more than welcome to ask your questions.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

ianmacaskill
Newbie Member

Re: Retired Architect

Post by ianmacaskill » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:06 pm

Thank you. I will be working through various CAD files I have on my PC and will ask for help as questions arise

Return to “Introduce Yourself”