Hello from Puget Sound

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

mogur
Newbie Member

Hello from Puget Sound

Post by mogur » Sat May 22, 2021 6:34 pm

Decrepit old noob here. Cut my teeth on Generic Cadd in the eighties, so I really am in love with the two keystroke command structure of this cad program. I hate Autodesk for buying up Generic Cadd and then chucking it. So, after retiring, I started using Sketch Up for hobby stuff, since the learning curves for cad programs were too steep for occasional use. But, Sketch Up is pretty lame and clunky for either mechanical or architectural drawings, and it is not even optimal for simple sketches.

So, here I am. Hello. Thanks for this forum where experts can share advice and noobs like me can ask stupid questions. I just hope I survive the learning curve since my attention span is less than a grape.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hello from Puget Sound

Post by Husky » Sat May 22, 2021 9:31 pm

Hello mogur ,

thanks for introducing yourself to the forum. Welcome!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

solararchitekt
Newbie Member

Post by solararchitekt » Sun May 30, 2021 11:00 am

Welcome. Thats a nice area you are based !

bob
Newbie Member

Post by bob » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:26 pm

I also used generic cadd in the 80's. I bought it in the "company's" kitchen in Bellevue, WA.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”