Hello from Lausanne, Switzerland

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

ouilogique

Hello from Lausanne, Switzerland

Post by ouilogique » Fri May 14, 2021 8:37 pm

I have been using QCAD for about three months now and I really like it!

I am in charge of writing the user manual for ARA¹, a new type of agricultural sprayer that allows drastic reduction of the volume of pesticides applied and I use QCAD for the illustrations of this manual.

I particularly appreciate the stability of QCAD, the pleasant interface, the fair price, the possibility to use it under macOS and Ubuntu and the little extra that makes all the difference for me are the dwg2bmp and dwg2svg scripts. This is because I chose to write the ARA manual in reStructuredText, so for HTML and PDF generation I use Bash and Python scripts and the possibility to generate bitmap and SVG images with dwg2bmp and dwg2svg is really cool.

¹ https://www.ecorobotix.com/en/ara_mounted_sprayer/

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Lausanne, Switzerland

Post by andrew » Sat May 15, 2021 9:38 am

Thanks for your introduction and welcome to the QCAD forum!

Good to hear that you find these command line tools handy. We're also using them internally for the QCAD book (which is written in Google Docs with post processing for contents, page numbers, references, index, etc.).

Return to “Introduce Yourself”