New member, old user

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

AJUK
Newbie Member

New member, old user

Post by AJUK » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:51 pm

Hi everyone,
For some reason I never got around to joining the forum despite being a QCAD user for over a year. I am a structural engineer and, after setting up my own consultancy following redundancy, I needed a good cad programme at a very reasonable cost. After trying trial versions of lots of different applications I settled on QCAD which is high praise indeed against the good quality software available.

I am an experienced engineer and cad draughtsman; I first used CADKEY under DOS in 1990 and then the usual suspects such as AutoCAD, Turbocad, Vectorworks and Microstation. These are great but incredibly expensive and, in my opinion, over complicated. I also have a general nterest in open source software and I'm currently trying to move my practice from Windows to Linux (OpenSUSE), just need to write a few more spreadsheets!

Hoping to learn more QCAD tricks from some of the experienced users here but very willing to help with how I use QCAD for structural engineering detailing if I can.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: New member, old user

Post by andrew » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Hello and welcome to the QCAD forum! Many thanks for your introduction and your kind feedback on QCAD.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”