Hello everyone

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

TonyE
Newbie Member

Hello everyone

Post by TonyE » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:51 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Tony. I live on the East Coast of the US.

Professionally, I am an Architectural Engineer and I work primarily in research, design, and development (mostly Microsoft Excel and Matlab tools). I am an experienced drafter but up to this point have only used AutoCAD from Autodesk.

I need drafting software for a personal project I want to do so I purchased QCAD a few minutes ago--this means I am a super noob but learning quickly.

Are there active people on the forums that help with script writing? One of the major things I hope to do in QCAD is build a script that will help me export polyline node coordinates to an excel spreadsheet or CSV file (and later perhaps one that can do it for all polylines on a layer). I'd also like it to include a custom identifier number (ID) that I define myself.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

TonyE

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Hello everyone

Post by andrew » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:34 am

Hi Tony and welcome to the QCAD forum.

This script dumps all vertices of selected polylines to the command line history of QCAD:
https://github.com/qcad/qcad/blob/maste ... olyline.js

This might be a good starting point. Please post any additional questions about scripting to the developer forum at:
https://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewforum.php?f=30

TonyE
Newbie Member

Re: Hello everyone

Post by TonyE » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response. I will look at those resources and migrate my questions to the forum you mentioned. Thanks again!

Tony

Return to “Introduce Yourself”