G'Day from Australia

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

JimWOz
Newbie Member

G'Day from Australia

Post by JimWOz » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:11 am

Hello,
I’m Jim from Australia.
I am a semi retired civil engineer.

I have finally committed the time to learn how to use CAD software, after a few false starts in the past. - I found that I didn’t learn and retain enough of the basic user skills, so that as an infrequent user when I attempted to use CAD software, it was much quicker to revert to pencil and paper for my relatively simple tasks.

The selection of QCAD this time over other packages was relatively easy for me. - Especially once I saw this active forum, tutorials on the web site, the reference manual and Andrew’s introductory book as information sources. - Plus, there are a lot of YouTube video tutorials available.

My work with QCAD will comprise home projects and also some professional sketches for civil engineering work that I had always done as pencil drawings on graph paper throughout my professional career. - Scanning these sketches to email, or for archiving electronically is already a thing of the past with the basic QCAD skills I have embedded over the past month ! :D

Jim.
Mac OS 10.15.7 on 2019 MacBook Pro 16.
QCADPro 3.27.1

:) from 40+ south.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: G'Day from Australia

Post by andrew » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:55 am

Hello Jim, thanks for your introduction and for using QCAD. Welcome to the QCAD forum!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”