Introduction: Scott Smith

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

ssmith
Registered Member

Introduction: Scott Smith

Post by ssmith » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Hi--
My name is Scott Smith and I'm a research engineer. I have been using CANVAS and CANVAS X products to create drawings and blueprints for 20+ years. I have just recently switched to a MAC computer,the jury is still out as to whether this is a good thing or not, Canvas is not available for the MAC anymore and I have been looking for a replacement program. It appears that "Auto CAD" like programs are all that is available for the MAC. Anyway I have choosen to try QCAD based on reviews. I am having a problem right out of the box. I tried a couple of CAD variations and they all have the same issue. I'm using a wireless magic mouse that has the capacitive touch scroll wheel. The problem I'm having is that the slightest rub on this virtual scroll wheel makes the zooming and panning of my screen impossible to control. Is there a way to disable the use of the scroll wheel in QCAD, make it less sensitive and/or lock the drawing window position. Also how do I get my drawing window centered on the (0,0) position. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

ssmith

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Introduction: Scott Smith

Post by andrew » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:06 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Edit > Application Preferences > Graphics View > Navigation > Mouse wheel zoom factor is what you are looking for. Try 1.02 for example.

Please post any new questions you might have to the appropriate forum:
viewforum.php?f=32

ssmith
Registered Member

Re: Introduction: Scott Smith

Post by ssmith » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Thanks, the zoom factor thing has helped a lot.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”