New old guy.

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

aubie
Registered Member

New old guy.

Post by aubie » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:16 pm

I'm a retired engineer who started in the auto industry when drafting was done with t-squares and drafting boards. My first at home software was AutoCAD Lite 97 and 2000, and later DoubleCAD. Recently I lost everything but my documents when my old Dell died. I bought QCAD in hopes of resurrecting some of my old .dwg files. No luck printing them so far, but I hope the forum can help me solve that problem. Thanks in advance for any advice you care to share.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: New old guy.

Post by Husky » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:35 pm

Hello aubie - welcome to the QCAD forum.
aubie wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:16 pm
I bought QCAD in hopes of resurrecting some of my old .dwg files. No luck printing them so far, but I hope the forum can help me solve that problem.
Please study the print tutorial which will explain step by step the printing process:

https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-printing

In the case that it wont fix the issue please feel free to ask - we are here to help. :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

aubie
Registered Member

Re: New old guy.

Post by aubie » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:35 am

Husky - THANKS ! That tutorial did the trick. Problem was that all my line widths were 0.00 mm. Printing just fine now. I think I am going to like QCAD and this forum.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”