Hi, I'm Russ

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

VDubRusty
Registered Member

Hi, I'm Russ

Post by VDubRusty » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:10 pm

My name is Russell, please call me Russ! I live in "the other Vancouver", Vancouver, Washington.
I'm just a hobbyist user. I enjoy designing projects with CAD, but I don't do it professionally. Although before I retired, I did create several plans for my employer. However, they didn't supply software for me, because it wasn't a requirement of my job. I voluntarily went above and beyond the call of duty (not that it was appreciated, but that's another story!)!
Now, in retirement, I've become an amateur woodworker. I've created a shop in my garage, and I like to plan projects using CAD. It helps me determine what dimensions will, or will not, work, and saves a lot of wood! It's especially helpful to be able to do isometric drawings, for obvious reasons.
I'd love to be able to learn AutoCAD, and be able to do some really advanced stuff, like creating assembly and breakdown videos. But the cost is WAY out of my means. And just learning to use it would tie me up for probably a year. And I can't justify all that for what I'm doing.
So QCAD Pro to the rescue!
I look forward to expanding my skills with the help of others on this board. And maybe providing a little help, as well!

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hi, I'm Russ

Post by Husky » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:54 pm

Hi Russ - thank you for introducing yourself. Welcome to the QCAD forum.
VDubRusty wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:10 pm
I look forward to expanding my skills with the help of others on this board. And maybe providing a little help, as well!
After I understood how QCAD "ticks" it was pretty much self-explaining. Browsing this forum helps too because it is a solid source of Q&A. If you still run (like everybody of us!) into an cul-de-sac we are happy to help. Just ask and I'm pretty sure somebody can bring light into the dark. And if you can help other user - so much the better. :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”