Hello from London

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

fredofred
Registered Member

Hello from London

Post by fredofred » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi,

I'm a Civil Engineer who works with architects to design buildings.

I've used AutoCAD and Revit in various jobs and then used Draftsight when designing my own house. With the demise of Draftsight on Linux I've picked QCAD as it looks like the best supported.

I'm happy to pay the small fee for the pro version, the main thing which is daunting me is the learning curve!

As things currently stand, AutoCAD is everywhere in my industry and so it's not possible to escape the influence of AutoDesk unfortunately. I'm hoping QCAD gets XRefs and maybe the option to use similar controls so people like me can get up to speed ASAP and not lose functionality we've come to rely on in our working methods.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the perpetual license (so I won't be left in the lurch again) but my plan is to keep buying new versions to benefit from better features and also support a decent 2D CAD package for Linux :-)

Kind regards,

Fred

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Hello from London

Post by andrew » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:04 am

Hello and welcome to the QCAD forum! Thanks for your feedback.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”