Hello to ewerybody

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

stuman

Hello to ewerybody

Post by stuman » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:27 am

Hey,
I'm retired automation engineer, and have long experience in cad programs like Autocad, Draftsight, Inventor, Blender and few others.
Today my need for using 2d-cad program is for household electric plans, new plans and editing old ones.
Lately I’ve used Draftsight for 2D drafting, but as everyone knows, it become to be charged from beginning of the next year.
So after searching substitute candidates on internet and testing, qcad seemed to be the best choice for me, and just a week ago I loaded qcad and started to use it’s pro version.

I like :) the program, and started to make library for the components of electric plans, from the old blocks I’ve used for long time. I have several hundred of modules in Autocad format, that I want to convert to qcad -library components.

However, I found few issues :? :?: on manipulating blocks and library components with qcad. I’ll report in 'QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems' -topics.

Hope ewryone likes QCAD as much as I do, :D :D
stuman

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hello to ewerybody

Post by Husky » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:41 pm

Hello stuman - welcome to the QCAD forum. :D
stuman wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:27 am

However, I found few issues :? :?: on manipulating blocks and library components with qcad. I’ll report in 'QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems' -topics.
Go for it - we are here to help each other. :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”