Hello from Australia's Sunshine Coast!

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Kimbo
Newbie Member

Hello from Australia's Sunshine Coast!

Post by Kimbo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:54 am

Hello All!
I have recently retired to this beautiful part of Australia, and have decided to try to introduce QCAD in to one of my recent hobbies; wooden boat-building. A local CNC router-equipped joinery has already cut some components for me (using my DXF files derived from paper plans, with a bit of their machine-specific tweaking) - as a proof-of-concept. So far, so good! Currently working on designs for puzzle-joints that are used to provide strength and proper alignment when joining shaped panels of marine ply (sides, stringers, etc), as well as laying out further components across multiple sheets of ply.
Currently only up to p89 of "An Introduction to Computer-Aided Design" - which I really must finish! I'm sure I'm currently doing things in a roundabout fashion that a little more reading would offer numerous short-cuts to, but I'm having fun anyway! :D
Cheers, Kimbo

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hello from Australia's Sunshine Coast!

Post by Husky » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:32 am

Cheers Mate and welcome to the QCAD forum! :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Kimbo
Newbie Member

Re: Hello from Australia's Sunshine Coast!

Post by Kimbo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks very much Husky!
Handsome-looking hound you've got there... :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”