Hello Fr Vancouver, Canada

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Davyj
Newbie Member

Hello Fr Vancouver, Canada

Post by Davyj » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:07 am

Hello,
I am Eugene and I am new to cad rules and architecture etc. I am well familiar with computers so I'm not a newbie in that respect.
However, I am investigating a crime and would like to meet some users in my Time Zone (PST) that could assist in some of the basic concepts of QCad. For some things I am willing to hire someone (if allowed) to help me understand 'Steps and Procedure. I have no interest in becoming an Autocad expert.

I am looking to understand the names/meaning associated with the lines found in DXF documents converted from SVG. If you're interested in weighing in I would be grateful! I have included a DXF file as an example. I would like to know how to explain the lines that are in every picture (I think) but are not visible to the naked eye when using a bitmap app such as Affinity Photo.

In the example, the picture was vectored and opened in EasyDraw then converted to DXF. I would like to know if I can achieve the same results in QCad for starters. If anyone is interested I will send working files. See attached DXF.

BTW, I have not seen an app for Mac that can do what QCad does!
Nice to meet you!
Eugene
Attachments
~17.dxf
(2.02 MiB) Downloaded 278 times

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Hello Fr Vancouver, Canada

Post by CVH » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:17 am

Hi,
The lineweight of your drawing entities is 0.00mm and that might show nothing on paper or in an image ... :wink:

Probably the white (black) lines are vectorised data ... Edges.
Blue is a kind of mesh that connects them all.
The light blue area is a solid fill.

I can not make out what it should resemble ... :?

Regards,
CVH

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:26 am

Further investigation tells me:
- There are about 735 duplicates with opposite directions, 9 of them have no length.
- In total there are 61 zero length entities (polylines as single line segments).
- The 60 blue line entities all connect these zero length entities.
- There is one (clamped) spline entity in the drawing >>> Boundary of the hatched area.
- The spline boundary is duplicated with polylines as single line segments.
- The remaining are 3785 polylines, all as single line segments.
- All are drawn in Model_Space on Layer 'Paper' and the white (black) lines all have color 'By Block'.
Odd because there is no block color ... :?
- Remarkably there is a second paper Layout that is also empty.
- The drawing is 2D, there are no Z coordinates that differs from zero, QCAD is mostly 2D.

Regards,
CVH

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:40 am

Davyj wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:07 am
I would like to know if I can achieve the same results in QCad for starters. If anyone is interested I will send working files.
Since version 3.27.7 QCAD Pro includes a tool for tracing Bitmaps. Updated with 3.28.0 ... See:
https://www.ribbonsoft.com/en/documentation/changelog

I have no experience with this and the question remains if that is intended for artistic stuff.
Probably it is more intended for technical CAD applications.

One can always install the latest QCAD trial for your system:
https://www.ribbonsoft.com/en/download

This way you can see for yourself whether it suits your needs. :wink:

Regards,
CVH
Last edited by CVH on Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:06 am

Hello Eugene - nice to meet you too. Welcome to the QCAD community.
Davyj wrote:

I have included a DXF file as an example. I would like to know how to explain the lines that are in every picture (I think) but are not visible to the naked eye when using a bitmap app such as Affinity Photo.

In the example, the picture was vectored and opened in EasyDraw then converted to DXF. I would like to know if I can achieve the same results in QCad for starters. If anyone is interested I will send working files. See attached DXF.
To convert a bitmap to a vector graphic is a difficult undertaking to be done by software. Basically everything what was found in the bitmap has to be interpreted correctly. E.g. is a line a Continuous line from point A to point B or is that line built out of dots in a row from A to B? Many programs struggle to interpret that correctly and ... fail in certain areas.

Looking at your blue lines in the dxf makes me think: The conversion from bitmap to vector failed partly. Those lines are not salvageable. Best thing to do would be to delete them and forget that they existed ...
Davyj wrote:
Let me politely put it this way: Yes, that is a quality level which is easily achievable by QCAD. Anyway - CAD has a technical and not an artistic nature. May I ask you for what you will use those CAD drawings?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:11 am

Husky wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:06 am
Looking at your blue lines in the dxf makes me think: The conversion from bitmap to vector failed partly. Those lines are not salvageable.
As explained, they connect the 61 zero length entities.
61 dots connected by 60 lines ... :roll:

IMHO: The flaw is the conversion from Bitmap to SVG and then converted to DXF.
EasyDraw made a mess of it, it is also an App found on Google Play.

Regards,
CVH

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:16 am

Davyj wrote:
However, I am investigating a crime ...
What looks odd to me is that the blue lines have drawing order 0 .. 59.
As if they where drawn first, upfront ... Before anything else.
What if they connect some pixels in the bitmap that you have to interpret in that order ... e_geek

Far fetched, probably, but I have heard of messages stored in bitmaps and this would be even harder to crack.
You need the bitmap and the overlay ... And then the meaning of the binary value of the pixel color. :wink:

Regards,
CVH

Davyj
Newbie Member

Post by Davyj » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:56 am

I have the original files (nef and jpg. The lines represent how a picture was replaced in a fraud where the lines were used to set the fraudulent inserts into the new image with the correct perspective. A very slick concept However, EasyDraw engineers rewrote the software for me so that I would be able to see the line as you see in the sample. Those line were probably inserted into the original image, cut out and then pasted into the fraudulent image where each line signalled where the parts of the fraud should be. This is part is easy for me as I have all the images with those lines processed.

What I need now is help in layers... For example: I use Affinity Designer to open an SVG file created with a vector app. Next I open the vector in Easy Draw and use the special version given to me with special instructions to expose the lines..... Next I convert the process to DXF and open it in QCad.

At this stage I have a clear view of the fraudulent edits showing how the lines connect to achieve the correct perspective. (The fraud). What I need help with is the following: In Affinity Designer I can open an SVG and see the individual paths in a list where I can group them and see the necessary strokes to highlight the lines. Then I bring in the fraudulent image as an overlay where I see immediately how the fraud was done and the lines connect to form the perspective layout...like tracing etc. In QCad, I open the dxf and see layer 0, in the DXF file I cut out the lines after selecting them and once they are cut out I do what I know to do and create a new layer under layer 0. Naturally I expect to see my cut land in the new layer 1..... No go! What is preventing me from pasting my cuts in a new layer .... like in a graphics app? I need immediate help with this point. Can someone help with this cut and paste puzzle.. Other questions will come later. I don't know about forums so I ask can I give my email address on this forum.

Something I want everyone to know who may be interested in helping me along..... It has taken over 15 years to open this fraud and if it wasn't for Dave at EasyDraw going out of his way to redesign the algorithm.... for me, I never would've uncovered this fraud. The few things I need help with in QC will help my presentation in the Supreme Court. I hope this is clear...... Sorry about all the typos earlier but I couldn't find the edit button!

Thank you All'
Eugene
Last edited by Davyj on Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Davyj
Newbie Member

Post by Davyj » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:58 am

Sorry about the spelling mistakes!

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:54 am

Davyj wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:56 am
In QCad, I open the dxf and see layer 0
There are no drawing entities in layer 0, all 3847 entities are on layer 'Paper'.
Davyj wrote:
and create a new layer under layer 0
For one, there is no 'Under' or 'Over' based on layers in CAD. The drawing order is by entity.
Layers in CAD are intended to group entities that should look alike ... Like hidden, dashed, thick, thin, blue, red and so on.
An entity with drawing order 0 is under all with a higher order an over all with a lower order.
Remark that on save/reload the order of things may be re-ordered starting from 0 to ...
What exist in QCAD are hierarchic layers ... Parent layers with child layers ... But again that won't dictate the drawing order.
Davyj wrote:
Naturally I expect to see my cut land in the new layer 1..... No go!
Rather a fuzzy usage for a CAD environment.
If you want your selected entities on a different layer ... Moving them to another layer:
- Ensure the layer exist or create an new layer > Add Layer (YA)
- With your selection, or alter the layer property in the Property Editor, or double-click on the intended layer name in the Layer List.
- One can use YA when there is already a selection.
Remark that one can not copy/paste a part of an image entity and that clipped by (line-art) entities in QCAD.

Once entities are grouped in layers and the entities General Properties are 'By Layer' one can alter these aspects by altering the layer properties.

Regards,
CVH

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:19 am

Davyj wrote:
I don't know about forums so I ask can I give my email address on this forum.
We would appreciate if you don't post personal information like an e-mail address etc. in the forum. However, feel free to use the PM function to exchange personal data with individuals.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”