Hello from Alaska

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

TaigaDan
Registered Member

Hello from Alaska

Post by TaigaDan » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:05 pm

I am a Civil Engineer in Fairbanks, Alaska who thought of myself as a relatively competent AutoCad user 25 years ago in college. I was using fiddling around with Eagle Point to do early 3-D drafting and was certain that CAD work would be a critically important part of being a professional Engineer. A quarter century later, my CAD skills have degraded to the point that I am proud of the drawings I produce with MS PowerPoint. The cost of AutoCad has proven to be a real barrier to my continued use of CAD software.

So, I am very pleased to have found QCAD with it's incredibly affordable pricing structure. Frankly, I am in awe at how thoroughly useable all the features are.

I have recently hung my shingle to do private work, mostly in the Public Drinking Water System space, so I will mostly be using QCAD to generate Site Schematics, System Schematics (P&ID) and details for producing simple plan sets. I also do work remodeling houses and building decks, so I may use QCAD for floorplans and such, but that's less of a pressing need.

So far I am finding, with the help of this forum and the many tutorials, that I am coming up to speed nicely.

Thanks to the dev team.
Dan

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hello from Alaska

Post by Husky » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:21 pm

Hello Dan - thanks for introducing yourself to the QCAD community. Welcome to the forum!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”