Greetings from Australia

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Bilal_AU

Greetings from Australia

Post by Bilal_AU » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:19 pm

Hi all,
Coming from a manual drafting background then switching to AutoCAD in the 90's I am very comfortable with AutoCAD and customising it at work to be more efficient. Years ago I bought my own copy of AutoCAD LT to draft plans on but found it considerably slower to use than AutoCAD due to it's limitations. With the price of AutoCAD these days and the way they have gone from perpetual to subscription to named users it really is out of reach for me as I now just need to draw the occasional plan every now and then at home. I looked into several "AutoCAD Clones" like Bricscad and progecad but the price is still a considerable outlay. Then I came across QCAD. I had never given it much thought before but after downloading the trial I decided to purchase it. I am very impressed in how much more efficient it appears to be in the way you draw with it. Looking forward to using it more and learning more about it from here. The forum seems very active and supportive. The manual is nicely put together too with some classic linework to boot.
Cheers

Bilal

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Greetings from Australia

Post by Husky » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:32 pm

Hello Bilal and welcome to the QCAD forum.

Thank you for introducing yourself to the forum. Your story is similar to that of other users in this forum and a few also come from Australia. Have fun!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Bilal_AU

Post by Bilal_AU » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:31 pm

Thank you Husky.

John Hyslop
Premier Member

Post by John Hyslop » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:20 am

Hi Bilal

Greetings from Melbourne Australia 😊
I too have come from an AutoCAD background and after years of paying for a perpetual licence and having no option to continue it other than paying subscription, decided to bail out with my 2020 release that now runs happily in a VM..
You'll definitely enjoy using Qcad the support and help in this forum is unbeatable..

Cheers
John Hyslop..
IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO ME [ Ten most powerful 2 letter words ]

Bilal_AU

Post by Bilal_AU » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:44 am

Thanks John,
I am feeling good about having bought QCAD Pro and excited to start learning how to use it.
Still being able to edit my previous AutoCAD drawings is a big relief.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”