Snow Leopard and decimal

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

faber

Snow Leopard and decimal

Post by faber » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:28 pm

using QCAD 2.2.2.0 on Snow Leopard 10.6.6 CPU Intel Core 2 Duo.
unable to insert a decimal value when using "move", or "draw parallel line" or every other function requiring to enter a value.

the problem arise when I have to put a decimal number; only the number to the right of the comma is considered by Qcad.

quite annoying; anybody else experienced this problem?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Could it be that you are entering a comma (,) instead of a point (.)?

QCAD works with points on all systems and locations, even in countries where commas might be more common.

Note also that commas are used for other things (separating coordinates, separating function parameters, etc).

faber

Post by faber » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:41 pm

yeah! thank you very much! I was using it the same way as I used Windows release, I mean using the numeric pad; not the case under OSX.
well, fixed :-)

faber

Post by faber » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:44 pm

andrew wrote:Could it be that you are entering a comma (,) instead of a point (.)?

QCAD works with points on all systems and locations, even in countries where commas might be more common. .......
oopppss...maybe there is something going wrong.
using Windows release, viewing the property editor window about a text, I can change the height of the characters simply typing a new decimal value in the window: 1,4 instead 1,3
yes, I type "," between the two numbers and not "."
and it works perfectly.
It doesn't work if I put "." betwenn the two numbers...

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:51 pm

faber: yes, the property editor is a third party component and it uses system settings for number formatting. It has already been replaced by a completely new property editor in QCAD 3.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”