incorrect exporting of ps or pdf

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

fedose
Registered Member

incorrect exporting of ps or pdf

Post by fedose » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Hello, ve run into this problem actually about year ago.
the problem i don't have a printer at hand so i have to export my drawings...(maybe it would work if i had one or if found some linux printer around)
I am using Q-cad on 32-bit Fedora 11 linux system.
when I want it to simply to export drawings into pdf or ps it seems ok. however windows' adobe does not open pdf files
at least here in linux Evince shows me both pdf and ps exports full size, still if i for example try to export it with evince printing frame gets messed and croped same as with ps2pdf.com converter!
so the reason hides somewhere in the programm.. i think i will try windows version of it. maybe also vec2web for image conversion
feedback appreciated :)

faber

Post by faber » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:40 pm

I don't use Linux but Windows and Mac.
I can only say that I found several problems in exporting dxf files to other formats when I try to change the parameters.
Therefore I usually "print" to PDFcreator, that let me save in various graphic formats.

Brass Monkey

Post by Brass Monkey » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:09 pm

I had a similar problem, Qcad's native PS exporter doesn't seem to produce good output as far as a Windows system is concerned. I just went to the Ubuntu repositories and installed a generic PDF printer, and all was well.

Oddly enough the original PDFs that Windows barfed on would display fine on my Ubuntu system.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”