[Solved] JPEG Layer when enabled make other layer disappear

Tips and tricks you want to share with other users. Tutorials, user submitted documentation, etc.

Moderator: andrew

mmartins
Newbie Member

[Solved] JPEG Layer when enabled make other layer disappear

Post by mmartins » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:35 pm

Hi,

I am running in my MAC Catalina 10.15.7 and 3.27.1 QCAD. All layers work fine except when I enable a layer with a JPEG drawing to be used as a background. When the JPEG layer is visible the other layers will only become visible while I hover my mouse over them.

Is there a way to make the JPEG layer to be allways on the background? The JPEG layer is a Google map that I use as reference for the other layers over it.

Thank you
Last edited by mmartins on Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: JPEG Layer when enabled make other layer disappear

Post by andrew » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:18 pm

Layers are not related to draw order in CAD.

You can select the bitmap and choose Modify > Draw Order > Send to Back.

You also might want to lock that layer, so the bitmap is not getting in the way of your drawing.

mmartins
Newbie Member

Post by mmartins » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:12 pm

Hi Andrew, I followed your suggestion, but it still not working. I have only this layer selected which is a JPEG file, I am able to click on it and select modify and send to back, when I make another layer visible I can see the other layer on top of the JPEG layer and as soon I move the cursor over the cad drawing the only layer I see is the JPEG, however when the cursor hovers the other layers it will show correctly as long as the cursor is positioned over that specific layer.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:01 pm

mmartins wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:12 pm
I move the cursor over the cad drawing the only layer I see is the JPEG, however when the cursor hovers the other layers it will show correctly as long as the cursor is positioned over that specific layer.
Did you lock the layer as mentioned from Andrew? Additional you might also fade the image within the Property Editor - maybe 60 or so ...
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

mmartins
Newbie Member

Post by mmartins » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:50 am

Hi Husky - I locked all layers and now it works as I wanted. Thank you for pointing it out. I was under the impression locking the layers was optional apparently not. Can I lock only that one layer instead locking all layer? Sorry if I ask a simple question. Thank you

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:06 am

mmartins wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:50 am
Can I lock only that one layer instead locking all layer?
If you lock all layer then you can't work on the drawing anymore. Just lock the layer which contains the jpg's (and only jpg's!) and it works like a charm ... :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

mmartins
Newbie Member

Post by mmartins » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:11 am

Perfect! Thank you for replying to my basic questions.

Return to “QCAD Tips and Tutorials”