Stream Deck for Qcad

Tips and tricks you want to share with other users. Tutorials, user submitted documentation, etc.

Moderator: andrew

Smart
Newbie Member

Stream Deck for Qcad

Post by Smart » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:39 pm

I like making my life easy, so some time back I thought why not use my Stream Deck for QCAD. As said I did not want to lose much time and making all these Icons... well I left it until I found a quick solution.
Make a list of functions you like to use, open the Stream Deck editor. Make a new Profile and link it with Qcad. Open the homepage of Qcad and then go to the QCAD User Reference Manual. Open the page describing the function you want to have on a button. In the Stream Deck editor, drag "TEXT" to the button you want the function on and then just click on the button in the QCAD Manual and drag it to the button, you will see it instantly on your Stream Deck. Now all you need to do is to put the shortcut in the text field. Continue until you have what you need. That's all, and it's very time saving when drawing. Have fun.
Attachments
StreamDeck for QCAD.jpg
My favorite shortcut selection
StreamDeck for QCAD.jpg (253.61 KiB) Viewed 14264 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Stream Deck for Qcad

Post by andrew » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:45 pm

Looks cool, thanks for sharing!

ryancousins
Premier Member

Re: Stream Deck for Qcad

Post by ryancousins » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:52 pm

I did the same thing a few months ago, but I love the two-key commands built into QCAD so much that I find myself forgetting about the Stream Deck. But it certainly is a cool application for this device outside of its primary purpose to manage video streaming. Good Luck!

Return to “QCAD Tips and Tutorials”