"Not responding" delay when switching from model to layout block

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Eelie

"Not responding" delay when switching from model to layout block

Post by Eelie » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:37 pm

I am running version 3.27.9.0 on Windows 11/64, although I first noticed this problem with the previous version.
I have a building extension drawing set up with several layout blocks for drawings. I am finding that the first time I switch from the model to any of the layout blocks after opening the file there is a delay of about 40sec before the layout block appears. If I double click again during this delay the screen whites out and a "Not Responding" message appears at the head of the window. After the first time, switching between the model and layout blocks happens instantly.

CVH
Premier Member

Re: "Not responding" delay when switching from model to layout block

Post by CVH » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:17 pm

Eelie,
I think we need a drawing file to verify what can be the matter.
A 40sec delay is long and can occur depending the drawing file but only on the initial switch is rather odd. :?
Eelie wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:37 pm
If I double click again during this delay the screen whites out and a "Not Responding" message appears at the head of the window.
That is Windows itself ... The application is busy and doesn't respond to additional mouse clicks.
The question remains with what is it busy?

Regards,
CVH

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”