[solved] Block rendering issue

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

ryancousins
Premier Member

[solved] Block rendering issue

Post by ryancousins » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:36 pm

Win 10 Pro
QCAD 3.27.1 and 3.28.7

Some of the blocks in the attached drawing (x_MAVMK1SPOT and x_ALTWRK) do not seem to render properly in the "Rep Plot (ARCH C)" layout block. They appear to render fine in the "Rep Plot" block, and in their own block definition space, but not in the layout. When I exported a PDF and printed it, I had the same problem. When I hover over the drawing, those blocks will temporarily appear correctly, but only while hovering over the Rep Plot block.

I will say all of the specific light fixture blocks (all the ones that start with "x_") were downloaded from the manufacturers' websites and they seem like they were generated very terribly on their end, so I'm wondering if there is something extra hiding in those blocks that is causing an issue?

I have both versions of QCAD that I mentioned above and they both have the same issue.
Attachments
render_issue.png
render_issue.png (17.75 KiB) Viewed 2611 times
CCA CAD.zip
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 191 times
Last edited by ryancousins on Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Block rendering issue

Post by Husky » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:13 pm

Hi,

in QCAD 3.27.1 it looks like this on my monitor. Looks good to me ...

Husky-2022.10.18-02.png
Husky-2022.10.18-02.png (67.8 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
I noticed that x_ALTWRK is drawn on layer 0 with a line weight of 0.00. Maybe you need to increase that value ...

Lineweight for x_MAVMK1SPOT looks good to me.

Is for printing "Print all Lines as Hairlines" activated? If yes try to turn that off.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

John Hyslop
Premier Member

Post by John Hyslop » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:11 am

Hi ryancousins

I can also confirm this works and displays correctly in current version on Linux Mint 20.3
3.28.7.png
3.28.7.png (267.45 KiB) Viewed 2584 times
QcadBuild.png
QcadBuild.png (14.9 KiB) Viewed 2584 times
Cheers
John
IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO ME [ Ten most powerful 2 letter words ]

ryancousins
Premier Member

Post by ryancousins » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:19 pm

Thanks John and Husky.

After a little more investigation I noticed that changing between color and B&W print mode in the print preview had an effect. It turns out some of the line segments and arcs of each of those two blocks were set to a fixed color and specific line weight while others were set to by-layer. Those blocks are pretty bad. I get the feeling they were generated from some other non-vector file because they're constructed with a ton of little segments and arcs. What a mess.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”